A 40-page treatment of the two biggest renewable energy markets: wind and solar; global and USA. Data presented includes market size and growth in capacity installed in MW, and revenues in equipment & systems; services rendered and value of power generated.
Overview of industry and market trends are discussed as wind and solar industries worldwide ride the waves of the ups and downs of market demand, policy fluctuations, supply chain issues and falling prices, among other national and global trends.
Various scenarios exist for market growth and regional industry competitveness, but both wind and solar industries are supported by still booming global market demand.
Feature sections include:
- Wind power in the midst of a record U.S. year in 2012 but the market is being re-set as incentives come n go
- Solar PV installations double in 2011 and 2012 while PV manufacturers struggle
- Project finance remains a key element in the USA as options emerge with changing incentive programs
- Industry-wide venture capital review of investment activity in 2011 and 2012 reflects market dynamics in solar and across the cleantech industry
In-depth profiles include:
- Engineering construction giants Bechtel and Fluor
- Environmental consulting & engineering firms Tetra Tech, URS and ARCADIS
- Specialty firms SolarCity and Sage Renewables