The 2019 Environmental Industry Executive Review and EBJ Awards provides a view into growth, management, planning, strategy, execution, innovation and what it takes to compete in environmental markets. Q&As with executives and key award winners for 2018 accomplishments reflect new markets, market trends and management challenges.
Table of Contents of 2019 Environmental Industry Executive Review
- EBJ Business Achievement Awards for 2018 performance, accomplishments and milestones recognize business growth, new markets, new geographies, new practice areas, M&A and merit in technology & projects 1-15
- EBJ’s Take on Political, Economic, Energy & Environmental Trends for 2019 16
- Marstel-Day develops impact investing framework for national parks infrastucture 18
- ICF expands fisheries team to provide clients with scientific expertise for fish and aquatic ecology management 19
- Terradex technology monitors land activities for long-term stewardship 22
- Raytheon achieves true platinum zero waste status for aerospace facility 25
- CEO reflects on growth trajectory of SWCA into a $117-million business 26
- Alabama’s DCNR uses BP spill funds to kick off gulf state park development 29
- Arcadis launches incubator program in partnership with Techstars to access and support innovative technology for Smart Cities 32
- Experience and asset-based approach differentiates SECUR from competitors 33
- Innovative technology is differentiator for Hana Resources 34
- AECOM makes strides in PFAs remediation with De-Fluoro technology 36
- SHN achieves net revenue of $12.5 mil. in 2018 – two years ahead of schedule 39
- Jacobs builds momentum in Smart City movement with continuation of its ambitious Aurangabad project in India 42
- Vapors and VOCs from cannabis extraction a new market for Soil-Therm 46
About the EBJ Business Achievement Awards included in 2019 Environmental Industry Executive Review
In October-December 2018, EBJ solicited the environmental industry via e-mail, website, social media, traditional media, referrals from industry advisors and word-of-mouth for nominations for the EBJ Business Achievement Awards. Nominations were accepted in 200-word essays in either specific or unspecified categories. Categories or size designations may have been adjusted depending on the volume of nominations or the number of worthy recipients. Final awards were determined by a committee of EBJ staff and EBJ editorial advisory board members.
The 2018 EBJ awards will be presented at an official awards ceremony during the Environmental Industry Summit XVII on the evening of Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at the Coronado Island Marriott Resort near San Diego, Calif. The Environmental Industry Summit is an annual event hosted by EBJ, taking place this year on March 20-22. Congratulations to the award recipients, and EBJ encourages all interested companies to participate next year. (Disclaimer: company audits were not conducted to verify information or claims submitted with nominations.)
For more information on Environmental Industry Summits, visit our Summit page.