- U.S. Environmental Contracting Markets 2012 -2017 by segment – including Hazardous Waste Management & Remediation/Industrial Services.
- Hazardous Waste Management Market Size (by segment) 1999-2017
- The Remediation/Industrial Services Segment of the environmental Industry 1988-2017
- Industrial Services Market by Type of Service 1996-2017
- Top Hazardous Waste Management companies and historic revenues.
Flat is the new up is a phrase uttered by more than a few remediation companies these days as contractors and consultants grow accustomed to low-growth or no-growth environments. A similar sentiment could be expressed by the commercial hazardous waste management business as well, although they have likely become more accustomed to rationalizing that not losing revenues is not such a bad result in bleaker periods.
Companies with histories in the hazardous waste management industry are doing well, but how about the traditional hazardous waste business itself—the business defined as the management of wastes regulated under Subtitle C of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)? “That market continues to decline,” says HCCI’s DeVita. Customers want to be more environmentally friendly, and, at least in part, they are expressing that desire through waste minimization initiatives—an observation affirmed by all of the executives interviewed by EBJ.