The Global Environmental Market data package (updated August 2017) includes data tables for global environmental markets, with market size, annual growth and forecasts for every significant national market. EBI’s global environmental industry analytical model incorporates survey data, company revenue data, economic data, resource production and manufacturing output data and the EBI-OECD Index of Environmental Stringency. Detailed national market studies augment the global market model estimates and forecasts. Additional information can also been found on EBI’s Global Environmental Market Report.
- The Global Environmental Market by Region, 1996-2020 forecast
- The Global Environmental Market by Segment, 1996-2020 forecast
- U.S. Environmental Trade Balance, 2010-2015
- U.S. Environmental Export Performance, 1993-2016
- Global Environmental Industry: Revenues by Function
- The Global Environmental Industry and Market: Estimated Global Trade Flows
- Relative Competitiveness of Environmental Industries
- Top Environmental Markets by Regions and Countries, 2003-2020e
- Environmental Markets in the Asia-Pacific Region, 1995-2020
- The Latin American Environmental Market, 1995-2020
- The Western European Environmental Market, 1994-2020
- The Eastern European Environmental Market, 1996-2020
- The Middle East Environmental Market, 2004-2020
- The African Environmental Market, 2004-2020
- Ratings of Environmental Stringency for 130+ Nations
In 2016 two business segments combined—Water Utilities and Wastewater Treatment Works—contributed $328.5 billion to the global environmental market, with Solid Waste Management representing $163 billion in global revenues. Meanwhile, Clean Energy Systems and Power (solar, wind, geothermal, small scale hydro, energy efficiency and demand side management) exploded to $230.9 billion in 2016, up 7% over the prior year, and represented 20% of the total global environmental market last year.
The Environmental Consulting & Engineering segment generated revenues of $71.8 billion globally in 2016, up 3.6% for the year. Other global segments quantified in the report include Remediation, Analytical Services, Air Pollution Control, Instruments and Information, and Hazardous Waste Management.